Energetic Alignment Workshop
December 7, 2019 - December 8, 2019
Would you like to feel more empowered in those ‘all-levels’ yoga classes? Are you an experienced yogi or teacher that would like to learn more about the Subtle Body (chakra system and vayus), the Koshas, Philosophy and Āyurveda and how (and why) to apply these studies into your asana teachings? Building from the ‘ground up’ we’ll breakdown 20 Core Yoga postures by learning alignment details, common benefits, subtle body effects, Ayurvedic perspectives, contraindications and proper modifications. We’ll explore how the practice of yoga affects our body, breath and mind, and how and why, the practice promotes structural stability, physiological immunity, and emotional health. You will be supported by Stephanie Trinker, RMT.
1. Breakdown of 20 Foundational Yoga postures
2. English and Sanskrit name of the pose
3. Mechanics for getting in and out of the posture safely
4. Healthy alignment principles, Physiological Effects, Primary Actions and Modifications of each posture
5. Learn which Ayurvedic Doshas are begin affected and how to modify the pose to fit your individual constitution
6. Subtle Body (Vayu) effects – learn what Vayu is stimulated, toned or balanced within each pose and why this is important
7. Explore the Koshas, the 5 sheaths or layers, and how yoga effects our body, breath, mind, heart and soul.
Who is this training for? This immersion is ideal for those looking to develop their practice and Certified Yoga Teachers wishing to enrich their teachings with deeper knowledge of Āyurveda and the Subtle body and how to bring these elements into your teachings. If you are thinking of taking your Yoga Teacher Training this immersion is an excellent gateway and will give you a head start on your teaching journey!
INVESTMENT: $179 – includes materials
LOCATION: The Alchemy Studio, 1300 Douglas Street, Revelstoke, BC
ASSISTED BY: Stephanie Trinker, RMT.
December 7th, 2019 / 12:30p – 7p, includes a one-hour break.
December 8th, 2019 / 10am – 6:30p, includes 1.5 hr public asana class and 1/2 hr. break.